I am so lucky to get the opportunity to tag along with Matt when he goes on his annual distributors meeting for Cosentino (the company where he gets his countertop materials). They typically have the meeting in Mexico somewhere because the company is based in Spain (so Spanish speaking places work for them) and it's a semi-central & fun place for all the North American distributors to meet. This year we went to Puerto Vallarta. We stayed at the Grand Velas all inclusive resort. Did you see all inclusive? Yeah, I was working on my status as a "lightweight" drinker. I'm afraid I didn't make much of a dent in that but I did get some extra calories from all the fruity umbrella drinks by the pool I'm afraid.
This is the seventh year we've attended so by now we have some really great friends that we only get to see once a year. The first year or two I was really bugged by how much he was working and how little time he spent with me. I'm so over that! I enjoy the time we do get together but mostly I use these trips as an opportunity to sleep in and not have to be responsible for anything. Now that I have a good group of friends, we hang out by the pool together, go shopping, and do "wife events" together. At the evening events I can mingle as well as Matt can. He was so appreciative that I stayed up late and "partied" with everyone more this year than in the past. Mostly I was just saying stupid inappropriate things (as I am known to do), flirting with the guys (helps when it's a safe situation and everyone knows your husband), and drinking enough but not too much. Funny what makes your husband happy sometimes! I've even set up a facebook group to keep us in touch throughout the year.
Looks like a postcard, doesn't it? This is one of the pools where we stayed. It's a tough life...
I got a ton of comments about this picture on facebook so I had to include it.
We spent $500 on dinner at the French restaurant. Good thing it was all-inclusive! Yummy buttery escargots.
Matt didn't wear shoes most of the time. Even when we was presenting!
Ahh!! Sunset from our lanai. Can't get much better than this...
3 comments:
ahhh - looks so fun and WARM!
I love your pictures!
Looks like you had a great time! Gorgeous resort
wow looks warm and wonderful!!
Post a Comment