Today marked the end of an era. Yes, we said Good Bye to our beautiful green toilet--the one that matches our beautiful pink and green bathroom upstairs. We weren't planning on doing the upstairs but the 50 year old toilet has a leak. So, just like that it was gone.
I got a knock on the door at 8am. It was the plumber telling me that all water to house was being shut off and all the drains were getting replaced today. I, of course hadn't showered yet! I asked for 10 minutes to quick shower then they could do it. I had to make sure Cooper had brushed his teeth too so we had rush to get ready. Then the plumber came in and got old green. He did say that it was the heaviest toilet he's ever had to carry. gotta love old homes
While I was in the bathroom drying my hair I could hear--and feel the plumbers banging away at the old toilet drain below me. It was certainly unnerving.
So what to do today? I decided to take the boys to the zoo. The weather wasn't too cold and we had Nathan over so that his mom could volunteer in school. I'll post pictures from that trip in another post.


How gross is that?!
Oh poor old green, cast aside for a younger prettier model...

No comments:
Post a Comment