My sweet Adriene turned 7 on Friday. I can't believe how the time has flown (I know... every mom says that). I've attached below some pictures of Adriene thorough the years. It's always fun to see how much they grow and change.
This is a letter to Adriene from her mom.
From the moment we found out we were pregnant, dad & I were so excited. We had so many hopes and dreams of what our life would be like with you in it. I remember in the days following your birth thinking, "I remember life before you, but I can't imagine life without you." I then spent the next few days/weeks saying to myself (and anyone who would listen) "I can't believe it's been an hour, I can't believe it's been a day, I can't believe it's been a week/ a month/ a year...now I can't believe it's been seven years! You have brought so much joy into our lives every day. And you have turned into a very smart, loving, beautiful young lady. You love to be a good student in class, you love to be a helper to little kids, and you are so talented with your art and now "movie making".
I am so proud of you every day and thank my lucky stars every one of those days that you are mine... now do you think you could stay little just a short while longer?
Matt left this for Adriene to find the morning of her birthday.
When I asked if she had read it, she said, "Yeah, and I cried a little..."
To my little girl, (Deedoo)
I can't believe you are 7 years old today! Time has gone by so fast and you have grown up so much. You have been beautiful from the moment you were born. I remember the moment when the nurse told us that we were having a little girl. I cried because I was so happy.
I hope that you get a lot of good stuff for your birthday.
You are so special! I hope that you will stay my little girl forever and ever and ever and ever and ever. I will be thinking about you all day today.
Love,
Your Dad,
xo xo xo xo xo

19 week ultrasound

Thanks Aunt Michelle. As if the kids don't eat enough junk food already!
Thanks Adrianne and Steph for the cake recipes!
She was so excited to have a bundt cake (it's kind of like a doughnut cake). It was our first one.



2 comments:
welcome to the world of bunts!!
Happy Birthday Adriene! October Birthdays Rock!!
She is a beautiful girl! It looks like she had a great birthday. That tribute and letter from Matt were very sweet, you are great parents!
Post a Comment