Yesterday there were some small flakes of snow in the air. Matt brought the kids outside to try to catch some on their tongues. Apparently they should have waited until night time--because... look what we woke up to this morning. We also bought new snow boots yesterday. How's that for timing?
I can't believe it, either! I got called into work at 0330, and when I looked outside I just about had a stroke. Not a fun commute in the first snow of the winter!!!
Our kids were so excited when they saw the snow in the morning!! Sadly, by the time we were on our way home from church, it was mostly melted, so they never got to make the snowman they had been planning on. . .
Well, i just still can't get my head around this whole swapped seasons thing, but I would like to officially thank you for posting this, and so promptly too! I thank you because B & I always consider the first snow of the season as our anniversary, so it was great to be able to acknowledge it on the right day!
Having survived countless months of snow and rain and winter I can confidently state that while i love fall i do not miss fall and I am really happy that i wasn't there to witness the snow!
5 comments:
I can't believe it, either! I got called into work at 0330, and when I looked outside I just about had a stroke. Not a fun commute in the first snow of the winter!!!
Seeing the snow made me sad but made Gus very happy. So today we had to go outside and try to catch "snow flicks" on our tongues.
Our kids were so excited when they saw the snow in the morning!! Sadly, by the time we were on our way home from church, it was mostly melted, so they never got to make the snowman they had been planning on. . .
I love the picture of Matt! A true kid @ heart!
Well, i just still can't get my head around this whole swapped seasons thing, but I would like to officially thank you for posting this, and so promptly too! I thank you because B & I always consider the first snow of the season as our anniversary, so it was great to be able to acknowledge it on the right day!
Having survived countless months of snow and rain and winter I can confidently state that while i love fall i do not miss fall and I am really happy that i wasn't there to witness the snow!
ok, well i'm off to the beach!
Post a Comment