Thursday, October 23, 2008

Basement Before

We spent the weekend gutting the basement. What a huge pain in the BUTT! Of course that's always hard work but I think it's even worse you have to CARRY everything upstairs before getting it to the dumpster! Thanks to Matt for working so hard on getting this done before we go out of town. And thanks to Kevin who came every day to help us out... and Jenny who lugged a ton of stuff outside for us too! 

I hope in a couple of months to have some awesome after pictures. It's always interesting to see what's the walls and under the carpet in these old homes...

the former playroom looking toward the old guestroom & bathroom.


Playroom other view. Those windows will get dug out into large egress windows with the remodel.


The bathroom looking from the guest room.


Seriously! What is up with old linoleum? Did someone really think this was cool?


Maybe I'll just repaint the stairs... hmmm mint green--that color is cool again, right?


Laundry/boiler room.


The great room. Why did they have to glue on all that paneling?


4 comments:

Denice said...

It looks awesome!! Be glad you took before pictures -- no matter what, I always think I have plenty of "before" but I always wish I had more. I want to come and periodically see what all is going on, so I know what I have to look forward to someday. . .

The Pond's Lily Pad said...

That is so cool! Nice colors and patterns are totally in...aren't they? hahahahaha

Heather said...

Awesome job so far. I absolutely love before and after photos.

maxfamclan said...

Wow! That is a lot of hard work! It always pays off! Hang in there.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails