
I was listening to a story on NPR today about over-commercializing our children and what it does to them. Yes, I was feeling a little guilty about all the TV my kids watch... but, hey it really is a great babysitter when I just need a few minutes to blog, or shower, or cook dinner, or--let's face it--just veg...

I was at Albertson's today with the Coopster and he was asking for everything he could recognize. He's not reading quite yet but you better believe he knows what Froot Loops, Corn POPS, Danimals, Cheetos, etc. look like. I gave in and let him have Danimals Crush Cups. I used to always say absolutely not on the Danimals yogurt because I thought it was so much worse than the no-fat variety. Upon further reading of the label, I realized that it's practically the same so now I give in occasionally. When I let him have the crush cups he said, "Mom, first you crush then slurp for a blast of fruity flavor." Hmmm. Not more than 5 minutes later we were at the deli and Cooper started singing, "5 dollar foot longs" because he saw the big sandwich hanging up.
3 comments:
my kids were on a big kick with Charmin for awhile (they must have good commericals!)! How messy were the crush cups?
The crush cups weren't too messy except for the part when Cooper crushed it then tried to set it back down on the table. Of course, it fell down... off the table onto the floor. He learned a lesson about how it needs to be flat on the bottom for it to stand up.
That is funny. My kids surprise me all the time with things that they have picked up from the TV or radio. They really are paying attention even when think they are not. They must have multi-tasking skills that are amazing!
Post a Comment