Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Construction update 4.1.09

Yesterday the cabinets were all installed. Take a look. We're getting soooo close that I'm kind of going crazy. the color is a richer than it shows up in the pictures below. I don't know why all my pictures get washed out on the blog but you get the idea... I hope.

Here is the TV console. Good thing Matt got his 52" TV, eh? It's kind of imposing how big the cabinets are. It's 8 feet across and they are kitchen countertop height. I'm sure Matt planned the size of the cabinets so that it just HAD to have a huge TV to go there or it would look dumb. I have to admit that sometimes guys definitely have it figured out. :) Matt got the satellite hooked up today even though the TV isn't in place yet. A little premature but that's OK. 

Here's a shot of the bar straight on. It has a dual climate wine fridge and a rack for hanging wine glasses at the bottom of the upper cabinet. A sink will go in the cabinet the left of the fridge.

The bathroom

Here's the break down of the next few weeks until completion:
Tuesday the 7th, install countertops
Wednesday the 8th, install bathroom laminate flooring
Thursday the 9th, plumber
Carpet on Friday the 10th.


Then we're ready to move in the furniture!! It's Spring Break the week of the 11th thru 18th so the kids will be around to help out a lot. Is that going to be good? Not sure but I don't care. Hopefully things will go on schedule from this point.

1 comment:

dede said...

looks awesome! can't wait to see the finished product!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails