One thing that really "got" me and Matt was all the work that still had to be done once the basement was "done." The carpet installers left some black streaks along my base molding, the doors ALL needed to be trimmed down, and we need to put some 1/4 round trim on the base molding in the bathroom.
The carpet was installed on Friday and the plan was to put the couch in the basement that evening. We bought it about a month ago at Costco. The colors were perfect, it was $350 and we thought it would fit. Well, after trying a number of different combinations we were not so lucky. So the new couch is now in the living room and so is the old one. I'm not too sure what I think about it but it looks OK I guess. We moved the leather chairs downstairs and plan to buy a loveseat or a sectional to put with it.
Saturday was spent with Matt cutting down doors and us moving the kids room down to their new rooms. I'm always amazed at how much stuff people can accumulate over time. It took me 8 hours to just get their stuff down there... then there was the furniture. We even got up the Batman & Hannah Montana stickers. I wish my room was that cool as a kid!! We got it down and mostly sorted out by 10pm so the kids could sleep down there for the first time. Of course, that didn't go over so well. Cooper must have "gone to the bathroom" 5 or 6 times, they both had to change their PJs--they were "too hot", and Cooper ended up in Adriene's room on his old bottom bunk.
Matt got the mirror up in the bathroom and hung the towel racks and toilet paper holder in the bathroom today. He also hung up some artwork on the walls in the living room. I had to work all day today.
Wednesday Matt hopes to get his amplifier back that "mysteriously broke" hours after he hooked it up the other day. I'll go shopping for a couch on Tuesday and hopefully by next weekend we can actually relax a little bit in the new basement.
1 comment:
I can't wait to see pictures! I am sorry about your couch - that sucks! Good luck finding another one you like!!
Post a Comment