
We spent the day at Lagoon. For those of you who don't know, it's the local amusement park. We've gone every year for the past few with the University Healthcare Lagoon Day. Alas, with budget cuts there was no Lagoon Day this year. We decided to buck up and go for it on our own.
Adriene doesn't even want to talk about roller coasters. It gets her all upset and threatens a total meltdown. She's the biggest scaredy cat! Cooper, on the other hand, is finally tall enough to ride most of the rides (if he stands really tall in his 1/2 inch shoes). Matt started him out on the big white Roller Coaster. Apparently he had that scared to death face the whole time but then bucked up and said (in typical Cooper fashion), it was AWESOME! Here he is right after.

We next went to the Wild Mouse, which I rode with Cooper. I forgot how much I HATE that ride. I hate how you get thrown back and forth at the top. I think I'll have horrible bruises from it. Matt then got Cooper on the Spider, a crazy big roller coaster that spins around while you move down the track. Meanwhile, Adriene and I took the leisurely route and rode the Sky Ride to the other side of the park where we were headed to the Sky Scraper, a big ferris wheel. Here's our self portrait.

I talked Adriene into riding the Paratrooper with me. It's calm (or so I thought), not too high and I've always loved how it cools you off and the feel of the wind through your hair. Yeah... Adriene did not agree and just about cut off the blood supply to my right arm as we were going around and around. She was totally losing it, screaming, and crying by the end. Alas, she survived but will probably never forgive me for "tricking" her.
The boys' next thrill ride was The Bat. Cooper's primed and ready for the big rides now. Adriene and I decided to separate from them and do our own thing. We headed to Lagoon-A-Beach and hung out in the water. I got a text later from Matt that he got Cooper on Wicked and Colossus twice! Those are an upside down double loop coaster and one that goes straight up and straight down. Cooper also rocked it on the Centennial Screamer.
This ride is more Adriene's speed. It's called the Dragon Fly. She can get all daring on this one. Check out the arms up!


Here the kids are showing off their favorite rides: The Dragonfly for Adriene and Wicked for Cooper.

No comments:
Post a Comment