Thursday, January 22, 2009

Sheetrock!!

We got SHEETROCK delivered on Tuesday!! 
It was an entire truck full. I swear my basement isn't that big. I don't know, probably about 1,000 square feet. It was supposed to be Monday but it ended up coming about 10am on Tuesday. The crew contracted to put it up had to wait for it to be delivered before they could start.
They took half that many on a dolly to the backyard, then they had to take them across the grass and down the stairs 2 sheets at a time. Basements are a bitch to remodel, eh?

They created a lot of dust but they worked their tails off. They stayed until 8pm to get it all done. In one day! I haven't had any subcontractors stay past 3 or 4 pm yet. I don't want to sound racist but I have to say that those Mexicans really know how to work! They didn't stop until the job was done. There were probably about 8 guys who put it up. They had a van out front that they would go to for breaks. They decided it was easier to go in and out through Adriene's window. Glad to know it's easy for grown men to get in and out that way. On the pile of garbage the next day outside was an empty Corona box. I don't know if they drank it or someone just added it to the pile, but, hey they did a GREAT job!

Check out the real laundry room

Cooper's closet and desk area. 
It's hard to get a good picture of his room because it's a small box.

Adriene's room

Looking toward the laundry room and stairs from the living room.

Look at the real walls! I'm excited that the corners are bullnosed too!
That's a lot of boxes of mudding compound. I watched a guy bring them down one by one, through the backyard and down the outside stairs.

1 comment:

dede said...

looks awesome - it is amazing what can be done it a day! I am not racist either, but totally agree with you - our best workers when we got our basement done were Mexican! Totally funny about the window thing - you will have to put some sensor alarms on there in a few years!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails