Friday, January 16, 2009

Construction Update 01.16.09

We now have all the electrical, plumbing and framing done!! We got insulation yesterday so it's starting to feel a little more like we have walls and can see the big picture. Sheet rock comes next week. I can't believe all the wires that are hidden inside those walls. I wish I'd gotten a picture before the insulation went up, but alas I did not. The insulation smells like formaldehyde by the way... can't be good for our lungs. We now have a ton of outlets, cable/satellite lines to every room in the house, and even 5 new outlets on the outside of the house! For those of you with old homes, you understand what a big deal outside outlets are! We had only one and it was a little scary to use so now I feel confident that we can--and will have Christmas lights outside next year. 

living room West wall

Living room East Wall

Living room ceiling. Check out all the can lights and the new wiring and plumbing in the middle.

Adriene's room looking toward the hallway/bathroom and storage closet that will be accessible from the hallway. There will be a built in desk on the right there where all those outlets are.

Adriene's room looking at the West wall and her walk-in closet.

Cooper's room looking toward his built in desk and closet.

An outside outlet!!

Check out all the wires in the boiler room. This is mostly for the TV/satellite/phone hookups.

Our new plumbing for zones on our boiler heat throughout the house. No more freezing bedroom with a warm living room.Is this what modern construction is like?? What a concept!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Congrats! I know it can feel like another pregnancy, painfully long. I love to see the phase photos.

The Pond's Lily Pad said...

Looks like things are really coming along! It will be over in no time, and you will be able to thoroughly enjoy your new basement!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails