Monday, October 19, 2009

The Changes to My Blog

You may notice that I changed the background & layout of my blog. It was so that I could post my pictures better and bigger. Since I figured out how to make them better quality on the upload, I noticed that they were getting cut off on the right side. I got some wonderful advice from one of the PTA moms at school and at some helpful websites. The next thing I need to figure out is to make a header for my blog as well as a cool background that fits the new layout.  Here's a link to the most helpful blog I saw on the subject. Bigger Better Blog Photos.

Some additional steps I took to make it bigger was to change the height (for landscape oriented photos) or width (for portrait). Go into the HTML code and delete the width for portrait pictures and change the height to what you want. Mine are 700. I do the same for the width--delete the height then change the width to 700. I sounds confusing but it really isn't.

I also noticed that in order to make the text stay separate of the picture you have to keep the first and last lines with the div notations. I tried to include the HTML code so that I could give specific instructions but it just kept "reading" the HTML code and not allowing me to include it as text.

Check out the difference:

The first one is uploaded directly through blogger on the biggest setting. #2 is dowloaded directly from Flickr using the "blog this" button. #3 is the final result with the direct HTML link and the larger size.






101409 Fall Colors, originally uploaded by melwk.
101409 Fall Colors

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails