Friday, March 27, 2009

My Favorite Fetus

How fitting that my 100th post is of my new favorite fetus. This is momentous on so many levels.

And in case you were wondering--NO... it's not mine. It's the baby of a good friend of mine who is finally having her first baby. You may have read in previous posts that I am the only one of my friends/family whom I've known since childhood who has had a baby. Seriously? At the age of 36, you'd think that I would not be the only one. I'm not even that motherly compared to some of my friends. Like this friend for instance! 

I love this shot. She came up to my work the other day and we took a look inside with our ultrasound machine. It was great for me to finally see it since I haven't seen her much since she got pregnant. Not that I don't believe her but it's just not the same as having that critter growing inside yourself. 

The reason I love this shot so much is that seems to show the coziness or the warmth of the womb. You know what I mean? It's hard to describe what I mean. I hope you know what I mean. Anyway, it's a view from above with the head to the upper right side. You can even make out the face a little bit. There's an eye, nose, cheek bone, jawline there. The baby's body is angled down toward the left. You can see the arms/legs, hands/feet in there too if you squint.

Oh! Looks like it's a girl by the way. I can't wait to meet her!!! During the ultrasound I reminded my friend that I'd love to have her one day a week. I couldn't remember if I had asked her previously so just to clarify I checked to see if I had already mentioned it. With a smile she said, "Well, actually you kind of TOLD me that you were TAKING her one day a week." Great. Just as long as she understands how badly I want a baby again--and don't need to have one myself.

1 comment:

Corinne said...

That is so exciting for your friend and I am glad that we have the better ultrasound now so she could see it better!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails