Saturday, December 13, 2008

Construction update 12.13.08

Since my last update we have had all the plumbing & drains in our house replaced, most of the windows downstairs replaced, the concrete repoured, and some framing has gone up. When I went downstairs the other day this is what I found.


I thought we were done with the dirt and mud after the concrete work was done. But I was wrong! I forgot about the concrete work to be done to cut out the egress windows. What a disaster! They had to cut using a wet saw and then had to hand dig out a few feet of dirt before they could put in the new window wells. So now we sit, with the biggest snow storm of the year starting up and all that that is holding the elements off is some plywood tacked up over the giant holes that will soon be windows (hopefully by early next week). 

I have no idea when the projected completion date is... and I'm trying really hard not to worry about it. We haven't really had a usable basement for years so what's another month or more? There has certainly been a lot of work going on--and thank God we decided to hire someone to do it. New support beams, new drains & plumbing, digging out egress windows! Hello! This is why we pay the big bucks. None of that we could have done, nor would have wanted to do on our own. And I feel good that we're helping out the economy in our own little way. :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails