Thursday, June 11, 2009

This Is The Place

The kids and I spent a few hours at This Is The Place Heritage Park on June 11th. It was a free day sponsored by the Huntsman Foundation. The weather wasn't great but we figured it was something fun to do for a day... and hey it was free. The sky was dark and cloudy, it was windy... and for those of you who don't know June was a really wet month for Utah. It rained all the time. We were able to ride the ponies and pet the animals before it rained on us. We ran up to the ice cream parlor (where we got free ice cream too) and hid from the rain for a little while. We only stayed a few hours but we had a good time. Adriene had been looking for a jump rope for a while and we saw one at the gift shop so we had to buy it. Then, of course, Cooper had to have something so he got a pop gun.

I haven't been to This Is the Place since I was in elementary school probably. It was neat. I loved checking out all the old homes and buildings. It really is like going back in time.










No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails