For those of you who don't know. I sold the Xterra and got a MINIVAN! I am soooo excited! Matt has always resisted the idea of a minivan. I love the practicality of it. I hate that I haven't been able to help out with carpool and that we can't take the kids' friends with us when we do activities. Now we can! Thanks Matt for finally giving in.

The Xterra was a great car. Can I call it a car? Anyway... we bought it new in 2000 and it has served us well. We put over 100,000 miles on it and it was always reliable and sporty. It took us on many trips to the cabin, hauled a few dogs, hauled a few kids, and made me look like an outdoorsy, cool person in general.... I guess now I look like a fun, family mom! Guess if the shoe fits...

I got paid $5,500 for the Xterra in cold, hard CASH! Adriene was so amazed at all that money. I don't think I've ever had that many $100 bills at once either. It was fun for a couple hours, until we had to turn around and give it to the dealer for the new Odyssey.



I got paid $5,500 for the Xterra in cold, hard CASH! Adriene was so amazed at all that money. I don't think I've ever had that many $100 bills at once either. It was fun for a couple hours, until we had to turn around and give it to the dealer for the new Odyssey.and HERE IT IS! I'm only a little excited, can you tell??


It took a little while for the kids to get used to the idea of not having the Xterra anymore, but they sure settled in when we got the headphones for the built in DVD player and they were able to bring friends with them to activities. Cooper likes to switch seats on a regular basis. It's kind of fun to sit somewhere else all the time. And it has 16 cup holders! How fun is that!!
The only problem with the one we got is that it seems like ALL the vans in the neighborhood are gray Odysseys! I didn't realize it until we came home... There are at least 4 within 2 block so of our house. Oh well... ours is the best though. :) We had to get stickers in Hawaii to put on it STAT so that we could tell ours apart from the others.
2 comments:
Congrats minivan mom! I really wanted to get a minivan when I was pregnant with the twins, but Kevin did not want us to own one. You know the whole Utah minivan stigma. I think the Utah minivan is now the giant gas guzzling Suburban, so we are all safe now to purchase a minivan. If I could only convinvce my husband.
we have a gray Odyssey too - I remember laughing at the dealer when he was saying how many cup holders it has - sadly, we have filled them all up, more than once!
enjoy!
Post a Comment