Sunday, February 15, 2009

Painters Away!

So now the sheetrock and trim are officially done. Now comes the hard work... for me anyway. It's my job to paint the basement. I have spent literally the past week--6 to 10 hours per day dusting, spackling, caulking, priming and finally painting. Unfortunately the most important part-the prep is what takes so much time. I now have the laundry room, bathroom, and the kids rooms painted, except for some finish edge work. Most of the final color is done though and I wanted to give you an idea of how it's going. 

The paint color for the bathroom is a light tan.

The shower surround was installed on Wednesday by this awesome company we found to makes these incredible Silestone shower surrounds. It's called Klein's Custom Countertops. It was interesting to see what Matt's company does every day. The installer, Malcolm was so detailed and professional. My favorite part was his helper, Pedro who carried everything in, got the supplies that Malcolm needed, held the shop vac while Malcolm cut the stone and was his overall helper. I want a Pedro! Since Matt claims to not be able to paint, I tried to talk him into being my Pedro...he didn't find that very humorous. I even tried to put a romantic spin on it saying that maybe that's my fantasy. Still, no go. He did go to the store for me a few times and cleaned up the living room so I think we was a little bit of a Pedro. Don't tell him though.

The laundry room is a dark lime green color. It did not come through very well in the photograph but you can see it's a fun color. I've always wanted a bright, fun colored room but didn't have the nerve to really make a room that color so I figured... 
why not do the laundry room?

notice the floods that Adriene is wearing... "paint clothes"

I let the kids prime their own closets.
 Too bad they only lasted for about 10 square feet before their arms got tired.
I love the accidental shadow in this picture!


Cooper's in a underwear only phase. 
When he suggested that his underwear should be his "paint clothes," I figured why not?

Cooper's room is going to be a bat cave. I got some big batman wall stickers to put up. The colors are a dark blue. I would describe it as Superman blue and a dark periwinkle. Matt was worried about the dark color in the basement, making it feel dark and small. When Cooper saw the color on the wall, his initial reaction was to ask where the light switch was and turn it off. Then he liked it even better... more of a cave feel I guess. Matt pointed out that the colors we had chosen for their desks probably weren't going to match the color scheme so now Cooper is going to have a BLACK countertop and Adriene is going to have a sparkly WHITE one.


Adriene's room is going to be Hannah Montana. It's a dark and light purple. And, yes I will be cleaning up the line between the colors. Anyone have the trick on how to make sure the tape line comes out clean??

3 comments:

Adrianne said...

I think thtat the best way to cover the line betweent the colors is to run a chair rail. Just a little more molding for you to paint. Keep up the good work I am so not jealous!! It is sooooo much work to paint!

{Le Petit Poulet} said...

It looks AWESOME!!!! I can't believe how fast it has all come together (easy for me to say eh?!) :)

maxfamclan said...

Wow! Everything looks amazing! you guys are plowing forward, how fun! We cover up our paint lines with chair rail as well. But you can use tape so that you paint over the light with dark paint. Just make sure you use a leveler and measurements to check for consistency after applying and before painting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails