My mom grows plants from seed every Spring--probably starting in February. She's always ready to give me plants way before I'm ready to plant them. And then I always end up with like 8-12 tomato plants, a dozen peppers, at least that many basil plants, etc. The problem is that I'm usually the only one who eats the tomatoes (except for my recently deceased dog, Tundra who would always eat them at the green stage so that I never got any!). So I always have too much, but the last few years the quality has not been all that great.
This is the first year without a dog to eat my garden and now that I've gotten the weeds out I hope to get some compost and get growing. As a mom to young kids, it's really hard to find the time to weed and properly care for the garden. Now that Cooper is 4 and Adriene is 6 I don't think I have any excuses. This will be the year for the bumper crop.
I'll keep you posted on my progress as the plants go in and grow.
Thanks to Matt who took the kids to the movies then made plans to take the kids to some friends houses while I worked. I can't remember a day I had at home alone without any distractions. Hence the blogging that I've finally started. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment